This mixture may be used for making our D.I.Y Furnace or any other small furnace.
What you need:
- River gravel or crushed fire bricks
- Calcium Aluminate cement. (best grade available)
- Lime (lime is usually cheaper, about 80% of the cement price)
- Water (h2O)
- You can add into this mix a little standard Fireclay if you like as it helps.
Mixture: (parts ratio is 3 x 2 x 2 x 0.5, plus water)
- 3 shovels of the gravel or crushed firebricks.
- 2 shovels of sand.
- 2 shovels of the cement.
- half shovel of lime.
- This amount will require approximately 6-7 liters of water to mix the concrete.
Source: Recipe source
What are you planning to make with refractory concrete? Let us know below.
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.